Friday, February 11, 2011

My Dad's Favorite Tie

My dad just might be the most "boring man." He only wears blue or black shirts, wears the same pants in rotation, and prefers to stay home than go out. For Christmas, he gave my sisters and I a tie and said, "This is what I want." We walked into the store where they said they hadn't carried that tie for years.

My dad is pretty darn one of a kind. I don't really know how to explain that. Come to my house sometime, observe and you'll know right away.

My point is this, even my dad's predictabilities make him unique. His clothes, his ties, his laughs, his jokes- sometimes he annoys me and purposely embarrasses me. Mostly I'm proud of him and love him and laugh at him.

Sometimes we all appear to be boring and sometimes we appear extraordinary. But even the boring part is truly extraordinary. Because we are so "darn one of a kind" we each have something unique to offer.

So what can you do with your something?

No comments:

Post a Comment