Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flashback

In movies and books we always are told about these flash-back moments. In my life I have always wanted to have one. I have always thought that they looked so reveling and exciting. Today I had my first flash-back moment, and it was not at all as I expected.

The world didn’t stop around me, and I could still hear everyone in the hall way of my high school laughing and talking louder than it should be humanly possible. I just remembered a time when I was little. I was sitting at a miniature picnic table that used to be in my family room. It was wooden, cherry wood I think. My sister was sitting next to me, and she was talking for our dog, Shadow.

I don’t remember how old I was or what “Shadow” said. What I remember is that my sister and I were laughing so hard my sides hurt. It’s weird to look back at the times when nothing seemed more important than what my dog had to say to me, and the first question you asked a potential friend was “What’s your favorite color?”.

I don’t really know why I randomly thought of this today; I was walking down the hall towards the main office during the passing period before 3rd hour, Portraits and Profiles. I don’t think I should wonder why I was given this gift. I should just be grateful that I can still think back to the stress-free days when all I wanted was to hear my sister talk in her nasal “Shadow” voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment