Thursday, September 23, 2010

NETwork Jewelry

Do you know how few people have absolutely no artistic ability? How few people can’t match two colors to save their life, or draw a semi-straight line? Do you realize how rarely this cursed gene pops up? Now I’d like to know what are the odds that in the same person that is trying to make jewelry to help a third world country, these genes would claim stake? How totally unfair is that?

NETwork started making jewelry almost as soon as it began and sense then I’ve been struggling to make beautiful patterns that someone out there wants to buy. I am probably the worst person possible to make jewelry, yet here I am.

But you know what? People buy my stuff. They think my jewelry makes great birthday presents and Christmas presents and they walk away wearing it. It’s crazy! No one ever complimented my artwork in my life, but suddenly people piece through dozens of pieces and say they can’t pick because each is just too beautiful.


I’d like to say that this is my artistic ability shining through, but I’ll be honest- I have none to show. I like to think this jewelry makes itself look good, that the patterns I create look good, and the colors match themselves.

I thought I’d hate making jewelry, but I LOVE it, and you know what all you poor unfortunate people who never got an S+ in art in gradeschool- I bet you’d like it too. You know what, I bet your jewelry would be amazing and I bet you’d love to hear someone ooh and aah over your pieces.

Go to NETwork’s website and e-mail me about getting involved. Artistic people- we may be able to use your help too. :-)


p.s.-I made that bracelet. Those are safety pins. They take a lot of time but they turn out so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment