Monday, September 20, 2010

Doubt

Today in class, my teacher asked us to write about the issue of doubt and it hit a chord. It wasn’t because I don’t think this world is going to get better, because I know it will. It wasn’t because I was frustrated or angry, because I love what I do. But doubt is real and constant and everyone experiences it. I realized that I doubted constantly, not my efforts or my major goals, but sometimes I doubt and become frustrated with myself, my failures and what I do along the way. I wasn’t too pleased with myself and I wondered how I could tell anyone to get of their rears and take action when I was doubting.

But then I reliezed that I’ve doubted constantly. I doubted there would be a better time in my life for me to get involve then at this very moment. I doubted that because I was young I couldn’t make a difference. I doubted that some things are set in stone and will never change. I doubted that some people are apathetic. I doubted that I would live a mundane life.

And at the same time I believed. I believed we would change this world together- starting now and from this moment on; that anyone no matter their condition, abilities, or stage in live has a giant contribution to make; that I, like everyone else have only to take a chance to change a life; that all bad things can change; that every person has felt love and desires to feel it again; and that I will be anything but mundane.

(thanks for the picture Flickr!)

No comments:

Post a Comment